Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Introduction

IWA East Coast Show - July 11, 2008
Some of you might already know me, but for those of you that don't, here's a brief intro and a quick explanation of why I started this blog and what kind of posts I'll be doing.

My name is Justin, though my friends call me Pun. I'm a 30 something year old librarian, geek, dad, and wrestling fan. I have another blog that's primarily devoted to tabletop gaming, Halls of the Nephilim. I also make rpgs with my friend Josh as one of The Lone Bards.

Though my interest has waxed and waned over the years I am a life long wrestling fan. It was an important part of my childhood and my family used to watch it every Saturday night and Sunday morning. I was a teenager during the Monday Night Wars and that's when I really got into things. I continued to watch it into the New Aggression era, though in general my interest started to lessen. During the Monday Night Wars I was more of a WCW fan and I didn't like what WWE did to my favorites (particularly Diamond Dallas Page). In general I think I stopped watching by 2007 or so.

I have an uncle that wrestled using the name Trik Nasty for several years in Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia and occasionally went to his shows. I'd also talk to him about what was going on, but didn't really watch much.

While I sort of kept up on things and occasionally watched, I didn't really start watching again until the first two seasons of Lucha Underground were added in early 2017. I've always been a big fan of Lucha Libre and I see those cats as real life superheros. I then started watching WhatCulture Wrestling regularly and getting back into things. I occasionally watched Raw and SmackDown, but in general they didn't keep my interest. I liked to watch New Japan Pro Wrestling while at my parents and became a fan of Kenny Omega, the Young Bucks, and a lot of the Bullet Club Guys.

Earlier this year my passion was fully reignited with the creation of All Elite Wrestling. I loved the premise behind it, I loved the wrestlers they signed, and I loved the pay-per-views they had leading up to their deal on TNT. While I don't think it's a perfect wrestling company, I absolutely love what I've seen from Dynamite. The sixth episode of Dynamite was my first live pro-wrestling show.
Didn't like the outcome of the tournament but it was an amazing show.
I will do my best to not just gush about them, I will be posting about currently wrestling events and what I like and dislike about wrestling. I'm a collector and I will probably post about toys, pins, and other things I add to my horde. Also, being a gamer, I do plan on talking about and reviewing wrestling video, board, and roleplaying games (as well as create content for the games). I will also be doing reviews of wrestling-centric movies or movies starring wrestlers. I'm sure there will be other things I post about, but that's what I have planned for this blog.

There you have it. If you like what you see or have thoughts on any post, please feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment